Monday, September 29, 2008

Double Spiral Finished!



Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday we arrived in FL. It has been over two weeks and I have beaded so little. I miss it when I do not do it. I did work on a black bracelet for my Grandson. I showed it in the last blog. It was the Russian Spiral with the bugles. It came out okay, but it just fits Jacob. Guess I will have to think of another for him for Christmas.


I started this while I was still in PA and it is a pattern that I downloaded. I talked about it in the September 8th blog before leaving PA.


http://www.bead-patterns.com/tmp/44357434/14385. Please check it out, I linked to the pattern. It is easy and I love it. Designed by Jann M. Christiansen.


The design is hers, but the bead selection and size is mine. I used two 15/0's for the two spiral colors and an amber 11/0 for the center core. I continued with three core beads and then one of the bronze 15's and about 1/4 inch of French Wire and the clasp. I went through all those parts with the thread and then back through the 15 and several of the cores and then tied a knot. I continued down through several more cores and tied another knot. Then I continued down several more cores before cutting the thread. It is a little difficult making the knot in the center of the bracelet. I messed with it for some time. It works but does take extra patience getting between the 15's to tie the knots at the core beads.

1 comment:

jessicamae3 said...

That is awesome!
Love when you blog!